I wrote for the awesome multi-view project 130°– The principle is that one contributor posts something, like, a pic or whatever, and then everybody who wants to take part can send in his associative thing to it. Read down below or go to 130*!
Taken from here, lovely Jule
I realized some time ago that my life’s more epic than I actually thought. This appears friendly to me. At the same time, it came to my mind that all the things you achieve in life have to fit into your relevance system.
That means: If you count all the money, statuses, awesome things and friends you have, and given you have much (or few) of everything: Does this really make you happy? Does this even have a relevance? Does it mean anything?
The problem about happiness is that we all want it. But often we don’t even know what actually makes us happy. For example, many of us think life is awesome if having many friends. Or super much money. You don’t believe it? Especially our generation starts off with “Oh, come on, I don’t need that, friendship itself is much better” and wants me to shut up. I swear, though, it becomes important once you have to justify your status. And you know you have to once in a while.
When I start to count all the things that could be worth living for me, of course my imagination goes crazy. Here a list of stuff I personally celebrate. I have to say, some of them took a while to think about.
- Close friends that are so close status doesn’t matter (maybe we just have the same)
- Good education
- Opportunity to travel
- Friends with high social status (Guestlists!!!)
- Friends with low social status (You feel better in comparison!!!)
- Health (Now you can do sports! Snowboarding! Surfing! Running! Fucking! Wuhuhu!)
- A crew (always someone there, always fun, always correcting you if you’re saying bullshit)
- Epic sexytime (Threesomes! Making out on parties! Taking sb. home! Sex in all ways!)
- Body that doesn’t look to bad (Full lips! Boobs! Ass! Nearly no Cellulite!)
- Fashionable items (Comptoir de Cotonniers! DIY shit! Special Blend!!!)
- Job/ okay money
- Opportunity to party (Music! Drugs! New Friends!)
- Drinking in Bars
- The Tyrol Snow Seasonal Card (Weekends on the Mountain! New tricks to learn!)
- The flat I live in (Near to nature, near to city)
- The Mac I work with (New texts for you!!!)
Well. I am sure there’s a lot of other things. Obviously, there’s a relation between money and wellbeing. It seems to be a basis for any other thing. And luckily, I can speak for myself, I feel well integrated in my society. I feel like nothing can happen to me and the way I chose is one that takes me further.
Still: There’s something missing. I say it is love. In my eyes all the things you consider epic don’t count anymore if you have nobody to share it with. Also, I now see that counting all the material and immaterial items does not determine who you are. Listing all the things important to you just reveals your position in society. Your position is something that can change really quickly.
It is much harder to find out who you are. It’s something that doesn’t change. I believe it’s also different from your social status. My personal challenge won’t be the counting of material belongigs, of statuses, friends, social connections or anything people consider worth living.
I will just live. I will make my way! My challenge is to find my own freedom. I don’t think I am even close to the solution yet. It keeps being fascinating!
- Life is epic: So many chances
- Love is relevant to consider life epic.
- Personality is made out of experiences, not of status. Go live & travel!
i think we have learned from the holocaust that genocide isnt the best idea
Honestly, what the FUCK?
can i just
this is really really unnerving
look at her face, she seems for all the world like a normal teen girl
shes not some backwards racist white dude in his 50s, shes on twitter, shes young.
what happened to her to make her think like this?
jesus fucking christ i went on her twitter to make sure it was real and holy shit it got worse
^Proof that humanity is getting dumber. Jesus Christ these people…
Jesus Fucking Christ.